Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just some "creative" thoughts....

Some thoughts in my head at the barber's..............

Day before yesterday I had been to the Barber's Shop to chop off my long locks (Oh! How I
miss them!). Mind you, it was the heat that forced me to climb the steps to the barber's, I
would never have voluntarily done that!

As usual I told "Crew cut banao!" and what do I see? In a matter of a few minutes my beautiful hair was gone! Chopped off like the trees of the Amazon rainforest!

सफाचट!
खेल ख़तम!

Game over dude!

The hair which I had very patiently grown over the past 6 months had been easily cut off
by this barber in a mere 6 minutes! The process of deforestation had taken a few measly
minutes and I could see my scalp again....


It was then that a thought struck me. This was something that I had learned in my childhood while reading some fiction novel but had been lost somewhere in the depths of my
mind.

The process of creation takes infinitely longer time than the process of destruction.

You can take a hell lot of time to build a sand-castle but a careless step or a deliberate
jump can crumble your castle. All your hard-work down the drain.

It takes thousands of years for Nature to develop a balanced eco system. It takes not even
hundred years for foolish man to topple the ecological balance.

Patiently, forests are grown, rocks are ground into soil, flora and fauna flourish.

Enter man, enter the beginning of imbalance.

The beginning of the end.

This is not just the case with nature, it applies to all aspects of human life.

It takes years for parents to nurture their child with love and care and try and make them
into responsible citizens. Right from the birth of the child, they give everything they have
so that the child will have a bright future.

It takes the squeeze of a trigger, a push from a running train, a rioting mob to end the
dream of those parents.
A snap of the fingers and the life is finished.
Dead.

It must have taken the buddhist monks a long long time to patiently carve the gigantic
Buddha statues at Bamiyan in Afghanistan. They must have been proud of work when they
were finished.

The Taliban took down the statues in a couple of days.

Empires, dynasties need lifetimes to take shape. It takes a matter of days to tear them
down.

A lot of time and effort went into making the World Trade Center in New York.

It took justtwo planes to bring them down.

The point I am trying to make is,

It takes a hell lot of hardwork from someone to build something, this something may be
anything, a life,a building, a machine anything, so before thinking about destroying anything one should always, always think about the efforts of the person who has created that thing.

Creation, not destruction should be our aim.

-Pranjal Wagh




Creative Commons License

This work by Pranjal A. Wagh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

No comments:

Post a Comment